Gonna buy a PB, got some questions

O

Oz10

Hey I'm gonna be buying a PB, I have been waiting a while to get a mac, cuz I'm waiting for Panther to come out...do you know if it will be available on the PB as soon as it comes out (Oct 24th)? and I will not be using it fot business ar all, some appleworks, net, chat, some DVD's, music (no games)...what should I do bout the RAM, and HD?? I wanna max it out, but it's hard on the wallet, I was thinking about getting the basic (256MB, and 40GB...or uping the HD to 60GB) and then getting some RAM not from apple...I heard it would be cheaper...is that what I should do??

Thanks

Oz10

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
yep ram is definitely cheaper to get without going through apple although you are better off having the hd upgraded through apple since they will install everything and make sure panther is working fine.

im pretty sure on oct 24th at 8:00pm you can get your powerbook with panther but i havent really looked into the details since ive got my powerbook already.

OP
U

unl33t

saving money?

Oz10 said:
Hey I'm gonna be buying a PB, I have been waiting a while to get a mac, cuz I'm waiting for Panther to come out...do you know if it will be available on the PB as soon as it comes out (Oct 24th)? and <b>I will not be using it fot business ar all, some appleworks, net, chat, some DVD's, music (no games)</b>...what should I do bout the RAM, and HD?? I wanna max it out, but it's hard on the wallet, I was thinking about getting the basic (256MB, and 40GB...or uping the HD to 60GB) and then getting some RAM not from apple...I heard it would be cheaper...is that what I should do??

Thanks

Oz10

sounds like your not going to be doing anything really intensive... any graphic arts? with the things listed, why are you breaking the bank for a PB, when from what it sounds like an iB will do what you need? just curious?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.