Login Icon back??

Reaction score
So my hard drive bit it in my Macbook. It was replaced for free because Apple deemed a series of hard drives "not quite up to Apple's performance." When I got it back with Snow Leopard re-installed, they created a user account for me and one for my wife. These user accounts had stock login images (like a drum and a ball or something). Before it crashed, my wife and I both had taken photos with the built in camera. Upon reinstalling filed that I had backed up the night before (THANK GOD for the purchase of my new Western Digital 1TB external just two weeks before), the images stayed the same (drum and ball). However, just the other day on startup, my old login photo (falling asleep in front of the computer) magically reappeared as my login image??!! Where do these images live, because I can't find them. And stupid me, I changed the image again and now I can't find the "falling asleep" one. Could it be on either the WD drive or the carbon copy clone that I did 6 months ago? It would be good to know what directory to look in at least.

Thanks!

KJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Gah!
I just went searching and found them with some really geeky images of myself in /users/YOURNAME/Library/Images/iChat Recent Pictures/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Gah!
I just went searching and found them with some really geeky images of myself in /users/YOURNAME/Library/Images/iChat Recent Pictures/

This path ~/library/images doesn't exist for me, therefore, no ~/Library/Images/iChat Recent Pictures/
I'm assuming that this has to do with not using ichat.
The pic is in address book though.
I recall there being a thread about this quite a while back, but don't remember the thread title, or it's content!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hm, strange I don't use iChat either so why the inconsistencies?
Strange…

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.