Check printing software for Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have recently switched to a mac. I used to use Quickbooks Quickstart edition to print checks and keep the check register (because it came free on the computer), but now I need to find something I can use on the mac. I don't need a business strength accounting program: I write less than 100 checks per year, but like the ability to make them legible and be able to sort by payee. Free would be nice, also. I tried Checkbook, but unless I was missing something, it won't actually print the check, so I'd need to write the check by hand and then enter the information again in the register. Any suggestions? thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Something "Free" you're not going to find.... :[ Most checkbook programs including the one you tried (CheckBook) do not offer a simple way to write and print checks. For that, you're going to need a business strength program like "MoneyDance", "Quicken for Mac", iBank, etc.

If you write less than 100 checks a year I wouldn't even bother messing with printing. If you do any kind of on line banking, being able to keep track of payees, dates, and so forth, is a service that's usually offered for free by the banking institution.

Of course, you can always run Windows on your Mac and continue to use whatever program you're accustomed to. I used MS Money for years with Windows and I know it includes check printing.

Regards.

Reaction score
I am also having that problem and have a new Mac.
as far as i can tell Quicken for Mac does not have check writing abilities, so i am going to have to put in parallels.
I still have a week left on my 2 weeks for return of this mac, so i am still thinking about that

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you looked into the programs I mentioned above? Most of them provide check writing ability, however, as I pointed out to the original poster they are not free.

Most folks who have switched from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for the Mac have been disappointed. Intuit is just absolutely the worse company that I know of for tech support and customer service. My advice is to trash Quicken and use one of the other real nice Mac financial programs that are available.

Reaction score
I've been asked about this before. I know that the following will print checks:

ChecksQuick $15
Household

MoneyDance $50
Moneydance® 2010 - Personal Finance Manager for Mac, Windows, and Linux
Moneydance® for Mac - Check Printing Screenshot

It would also be easy to set up a check template in Apple iWork’s Pages.

Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
OS X Maintenance And Troubleshooting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I like to pay in cash. What about an app that prints money? :Evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.