How Do I Import Outlook Archive to Home PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I'm leaving one job for another. I've archived all the email I piled up over the years using the Outlook 2007 archive feature. I also backed up all the cryptically named files from my Outlook directory:
C: \Documents and Settings\------\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

My question is this... I have a Win7 VM on my Mac at home. It has Office 2007 installed on it. How do I go about importing these files into Outlook so that I can browse my old emails, calendar events, etc... I don't care if I can send or receive any email with these files. I just want to be able to reference the email for future use. There are quite a few links, scripts, how-to's etc that I have collected. I'd like to be able to sort through these at my liesure and copy them into documents, etc.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
You have to do an import into office 2007. It will be under --->file--->Open--->Outlook Data File. From there simply navigate to your exported file. Please note, this file should be a PST file format. If it is not, it is quite easy to navigate to it on the old system.

You could also simply import it as well under --->File--->Import, and then select the proper action. The key will be to take your time and read EVERYTHING in the screen in regard to prompts and information.

If you get stuck, let me know and I can further assist you. I do this EVERYDAY!

Good luck.

OP
XJ-linux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Thank you very much! I'll try this tonight. The file is a 100+ MB .pst file, so it sounds like I'm on the right track so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Yes you are. If you get stuck, shoot me a message and well get you going. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.