Hello, just a quick question on the Mail and iChat programs

• Thread starter Extra Terrestri
  • Start date
E

Extra Terrestri

I was wondering,

Everythime I try to use Mail and iChat (I use Yahoo normally), my mac e-mail address pops up, which I never use anyway because of two reasons:

In iChat and Mail, the program demands a password. Now I do not remember putting a password for this anyway, since I never use the programs but it is something that is locked away out of use when it should be useable. Another thing is that I do not know what the password is anyway, since I do not remember entering a password at any point since I had my iBook.

I realise today that if I wanted a 'new account' to see if I can bypass the password buggery, but it took me to a new Safari screen and asked for my credit details, so basically the answer I'll like is:

Do you have to pay to use the Mail and iChat service?

If not, how do I change my password or get one as I do not remember putting one for the mailing side of the iBook at any point. I looked on the help stuff but nothing that relates to my case appears.

Cheers to anyone who helps!

Hope everyone is Ok too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.