Installing OS X after Windows 7

Reaction score
I am ready to dive into the Mac world a not look back! I'm a previous PC user and looking for a used Mac.

Found a good deal with one 'catch' - he can't seem to get OS X back on. I consider myself slightly more tech savvy then the average person (or maybe my computer-illiterate husband makes me feel good!)
Here is part of his ad:
"I tried downloading windows7 and deleted all the partions. Now I am stuck with just windows 7 ultimate and can't get any apple stuff to come up. It runs window 7 perfect and very fast. Maybe someone with apple skills could get os 10..6.2 back on."

Think this is doable? Seems he just deleted the 'Mac partition' but I've done a bit of research and it seems like I could completely wipe the HD and reinstall OS X. Since it's going to be new to me I don't worry about saving any data or saving Windows 7, just want a clean install of OS X.

Don't mind spending an hour or few fixing it to save a few hundred bucks!
Thanks guys! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Yep, if he's got the install discs and you get them with the new machine...

Turn it on in Win 7. Insert OS X install DVD. Turn off computer. Power up and hold the C key (do not let go, it will take a long time to boot from the disc) until it gives you the installation screen. I'd choose Disk Utility from the "Utilities" menu and wipe the disk of Win 7 entirely. Then proceed with OS X installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.