A new mac pro = Hold off on an upgrade?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a PowerPC Mac Pro quad core and I am looking to update it. I've been reading online that along with the new Macbook Pro's there would be a Mac Pro release - does anyone know if such a thing is planned? I am looking to purchase very shortly but I would obviously hold off it something was planned for the near future. Any help or advice will be really appreciated!

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Know one knows but I think there will be. It has been ages sine they were refreshed and the new intel chips are just about to be released which are the usual chips. I would hold off. It could be 1 month or 6 but the new cores are supposed to be mentally quick.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the really swift replies guys, I am desperate for a new machine as my Mac Pro has all but ground to a halt but I think it will be worth waiting for the new release. That website is also really useful, i've promptly added that to my bookmarks.

Maybe i'll drop Steve Jobs an email and ask him!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.