Desktop Backgrounds

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
I have a new 27" iMac and since the screen is so massively awesome it is hard to find backgrounds that fill it and still look clear because everything I mostly find do not come in higher resolution. Where do you guys get yours or any good site for them? I usually like the apple/mac themed backgrounds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I just did a google search for "apple desktop wallpaper" and a whole bunch came up. Just click "Images" at the top of the search page, then "Show Options" at the top left. From there choose "Large" and it will just show the bigger images.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I use photos taken with our cameras. We always shoot in the highest format possible for the camera. If we were to print one out, it would be 54 inches X 36 inches. Never any problem filling my 15" MBP screen or the 27" iMac screen that I will some day own! ;)

C

chas_m

In addition to the great suggestions above, many Flickr contributors make their shared photos available at high res for personal use like this. Some don't of course and you should respect that, but many do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod | iPhone
I have a new 27" iMac and since the screen is so massively awesome it is hard to find backgrounds that fill it and still look clear because everything I mostly find do not come in higher resolution. Where do you guys get yours or any good site for them? I usually like the apple/mac themed backgrounds.

With the 27" iMac, Apple introduced a new or at least a not very common HD format screen resolution of 2560x1440 and there are not yet so many wallpapers in that size, but I'm sure that will improve for every new month.

Here you can find some, they are not Apple/Mac themed but at least they fit perfectly without any stretching:
2560x1440 wallpapers

Reaction score
I use mostly wallpaper from online. I'm a fan of tropical island/hawaii sunset wallpaper ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
I use mostly wallpaper from online. I'm a fan of tropical island/hawaii sunset wallpaper ;)

I'm using sunset pics on a new 27"iMac that I took last month in Maui. I'd be glad to send you some.

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
SleeperSS I feel bad taking your pictures from you but if you want to share some that would be cool because I am sure they are pretty awesome from Maui! If you want you could attach some and email them to me? If not it is no biggy but thanks for the offer.
email: [email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"

I have ADD so I choose a plain color or one of the generic backgrounds.
I used to have the Snow Leopard cat, but I started counting the animal's spots rather than do my accounting homework.
The sad part is I forget how many spots he has.
Then I tried to figure out if it was the same animal that was on the cover of the box.
It isn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Nice site.
Except for the "Congratulations!! You've been selected to receive a $1,000 Wal-mart Gift Card!!" audio ad.

What? Where? I always use this site for my wallpapers and have never gotten that add…maybe because I have flash turned off… Don't go clicking on stupid stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
SleeperSS I feel bad taking your pictures from you but if you want to share some that would be cool because I am sure they are pretty awesome from Maui! If you want you could attach some and email them to me? If not it is no biggy but thanks for the offer.
email: [email protected]

Pics are on the way. I had to delete a few because they exceeded the 15 meg limit. If you need more just ask.

Rick

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks man, pics look awesome, nice job

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.