help to recover data

A

anemos

I would like to recover the data stored on my older, beloved Macs, a Performa 6400/200 and a PowerMac 6500/225. Unfortunately both of them have not been used for many years and so they won't boot up --the Performa was last used about 5 years ago and the PowerMac was last used about 2 years ago. It seems to me that both computers do not work anymore due to their discharged/dead internal batteries. So instead of replacing their batteries, I am wondering if there is a way (and how it is possible) to recover my photos and word documents stored in these computers by removing their hard discs and connecting them to one of my eMacs (700MHz).

Thank you for your time.

OP
B

Badger

Both the 6400 and 6500 use ATA hard drives so you can put the HDs in an external USB case and hook them up to your eMac. But concerning the battery: a flat battery would not keep either model from booting, and it's a lot cheaper to buy a battery than an external case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.