• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone to follow iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Since images of the iPad came out, I've thought that it was only natural for the next-gen iPhone to follow suit, and adopt the same style case to bring it up to speed with the rest of the Apple family.

These pics are such a long shot as far as reliable sources are concerned, but I think it really makes sense for the iPhone's evolution:

Questionable Next-Generation iPhone Rear Shell Images Surface - Mac Rumors

Reaction score
So that's what that is? That SD card looking slot is actually the volume slot? This shell I would LOVE to see on the iPod touch as well. But I want an iPhone to replace my iPod touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I think that back looks a little 'clunky' to be honest. I was speaking about this with someone the other day though, while I would like to see an aluminium encasing it wouldn't be the end of the world to me if the design was relatively similar to the iPhone 3G/3Gs as I still think its a nice, sleek design.

If that were the case, and the option was still there to get a white iPhone I would probably go for that this time round as everyone seems to have a black iPhone nowadays :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Just for the fact that the image metadata reveals that the photos were passed through Photoshop, screams "FAKE".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I doubt Apple would make anything that UGLY! (not these days, anyways)

Reaction score
beauty lays in the eyes of the beholder, I dont care what it looks like just VERIZON PLEASE lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The iPad had a large plastic window for 3g so I doubt the next phone would be solid
aluminum maybe a silver/aluminum looking plastic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I much prefer the feel of the 2G iPhone to the 3G/3GS with the aluminium back cover, so I'd love another aluminium back, but looking like that it would feel kinda clunky. Needs to be smoothed/rounded like the 3G/3GS back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You can clearly tell something is up by just looking at the iphone logo on the 3rd image. It's not aligned properly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
Eh, I knew it. I could see the pixels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Bottom of the article… there's an update stating that the pics are confirmed as fakes.

Reaction score
someting different when it comes to SD and HD?:(

SD as referred to at the bottom is Secure Digital. HD means High Definition, especially when taken into context.

SD can also mean "Standard Definition" but that isn't the case here.
HD can also mean "Hard drive" though that's usually "HDD" to signify the difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.