MacBook Pro hard drive upgrade

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a newbie here and switcher from regular PC user of 15 years to macbook and all i could say is nothing but all praise to my new mac. anyway, i just bought a macbook pro with 160GB HDD and 2GB RAM a month ago and i was thinking of upgrading the hard drive to at least 250 to 320GB. any idea what brand or type of hard drive would i use. Thanks a lot and hope to hear from you guys.If im on the wrong thread,im sorry about that..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
It is slightly religion and opinion but I tend to use Seagate drives as they have been reliable for me. I used to use Western Digital but I had a bunch of failures earlier on so I stopped. I have bought new Western Digital external drives and those have been pretty solid.

I bought a 500GB 7200 rpm Seagate from Amazon where I ordered my MBP.

Other World Computing is mac specific and has a lot of information on what you can put into different computers
2.5" Laptop Hard Drives & SSD for MacBook, PowerBook, iBook, and PC Laptop/NoteBook systems Serial ATA & IDE/ATA

The OWC upgrade center
MyOWC at OtherWorldComputing.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.