how many of u macbook pro owners actually buy and extra keyboard and mouse ?

Reaction score
im just curious if i should buy an extra wireless keyboard and mouse for my macbook pro or should i just use that money for something else?thanks for the help and your opinion ...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It depends on your situation. Do you often use it at a desk?

Personally, I keep mine on a Rain Design mStand at work and use it all day long with a Magic Mouse and BT Apple Keyboard. The combination is great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I have the old iMac Keyboard and a mighty mouse with external monitor which I use with my MacBook for desktop use.

For long periods of use, it's worth it for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I have the magic mouse for when I need to do CAD work - although I don't use the external mouse nearly as much as I did with a Windows computer.

When I sit at my desk I have Synergy running so that may count as an external mouse and keyboard i.e. - I use a logitech keyboard and mouse connected to a windows computer to control a windows laptop and my macbook pro.
Synergy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I agree with the above in that it depends on your needs and preference. If you are one of those people who uses their laptops like a desktop then I can see how a person would want an external keyboard, mouse, and monitor or have the laptop on a stand. Also ergonomics is another reason but I have my laptop setup so that it's ergonomic for me to just use the built in keyboard and screen.

For me my laptop isn't always used at my desk so it would be kind of a waste of money for me. The only external device I have to have is my Logitech mouse. There are many times I have to use precision fine mouse movements for work and other computer projects so the trackpad isn't good enough for me. Also an external mouse is small and portable so it's very easy to take along with me unlike an external keyboard or monitor.

I also like going back and forth between my mouse and trackpad for the gestures but it also helps reduce my hand from ergonomic pains because I'm not using either one for that long. Going back and forth reduces the repetitive muscle stress.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (OS X Leopard 10.5.8), Intel Core 2 Duo (2.53Ghz), 4GB RAM, 7200RPM/250GB HDD
I have a LG Flatron that iUse for my 360. Eventually once I change my set up ill get the DVI, Keyboard & Mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Macbook / mStand / Apple wired keyboard / magic mouse / samsung 22' monitor

Clay

Reaction score
I use a keyboard and mouse with my computer at home, I use my macbook as my desktop with my 32'' T.V., it works well for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I still like the new trackpad over a mouse and the keyboard on the MBP (lighted) has
always worked great for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.66Ghz
I use an extra keyboard and mouse only when I'm at work.

Apple Keyboard, Logitech G9 Mouse and a Kensington stand.

At home I never use an extra keyboard/mouse because I jsut like sitting anywhere with it, very mobile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I just use a Microsoft Opitcal 3000 USB mouse with my MBP. I don't really need another keyboard since I use a KB Covers keyboard overlay with Logic Pro shortcuts on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Since I use my MBP as my central media center, I need to have more control over it. I have it hooked up to an external monitor and put the computer in clamshell mode. Then I can control it with my bluetooth Mighty Mouse and wireless Apple Keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Before I got my iMac in July, I used my MBP with a 23" ACD and external KB and mouse. Couldn't live without that setup once I started. For travel I rarely use externals though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
I think the largest factor is whether you plan on using an external monitor with it. If you do, then yes you will probably want the externals. If, however, you stick with the laptop monitor as your primary/only display, then i think its counterproductive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Even though I had purchased a wireless mouse I hardly ever use it. I like my track pad too much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Up until now, I have been using my MBP keyboard, but mainly due to lack of space, but we are moving into a bigger apartment in a couple of weeks, and have already ordered a large office desk, where I plan on placing my MBP on a stand, buying an external LED 27" screen, and then going for the Apple Wireless Keyboard, and Magic Mouse route.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.