Whats going on with my mac?!

Reaction score
help. im typing this from my iphone because somethings wrong with my macbookso forgive the poor spelling. my mac slows down to a crawl when i use the chinese pinyin and/or when using firefox. everything slows down to a crawl. the drop down menus, the finder, even the force quit window. i think the problem accures when i open firefox with chinese typing language on. ive had to force shutdown my 3 yr old white macbook and just after a restart my mac turned on with a loading bar (not hibernation) and now after a speedy login my finder and desktop is lagging. no icons on the desktp yet but the menu bar icons are up
can anyonehelp me?

edit:
macbook white
4gb ram
2.1 ghz

i tried relaunching finder from doCk but nothings happening. dock froze. first time ive seen this.
im scared of messing with it again because i have a important script and a chinese work on the comp that i nees tmr and i dont want to aggravate the situation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.