IBook Advice...

Reaction score
I've had my IBook for approximately 8 months, I bought the standard 12" thinking I wouldn't need more hard drive space...well...I have run out! And I could also use a DVD burner for work at this point. So my quesiton is...

for the Hard Drive, do you guys advise upgrading the internal hard drive? Or getting a slim external to carry around (very rarely) with my IBook. It would be mostly for media files (quark, indesign, movies, images) that I no longer use, but may need later which take up about 5gb of space at the moment (more in the future) I've got pretty much every application i'll ever need which is taking up the bulk of the space.

Should I upgrade the internal CD Drive to a Combo-Drive/DVD Burner, or can I even. Or would a good external DVD burner be fine? Will an external get the job done?

I don't have lots of money to spend and I know the internal upgrades will be much more expensive. But how much worse would having the externals be?

Advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Smesh

M

mangoSharingan

I would probably just get the external hard-drive since you can get a lot of space for cheap to backup all the files that you don't need. It's much more tidier than having loads of DVD-Rs around the place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.