How do I uninstall Snow Leopard?

Reaction score
When Snow Leopard first came out I jump at it, purchased it online and install it with a download. I hate it. There are printers I can't use now because the drivers aren't compatible and it appears there are websites like Hotspot Shield that won't operate for me because of Snow Leopard. I want to remove it and return back to my original software version. I'm relatively new to Mac (15 months) so I can't figure out how to uninstall this software. HELP! :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What are you talking about purchased it online and installed it with a download?
I don't think so Jim!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What.... no response?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is no legal "download" of Snow Leopard.

Hotspot Shield says right in the top lines of their homepage that it does work with Snow Leopard.

Have not heard of any printers that worked with Leopard, not working with Snow Leopard at this point.

You will not "uninstall" the OS. You want to step backwards, you'll need to install a previous version of the OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pirates to the left of us ............................. That Johnny Depp sure has a lot to answer for eh Jim lad?

OP
J
Reaction score
How do I Transfer data from "Previous System" folder?

I just reinstalled OS X Leopard hoping to eliminate Snow Leopard (which has caused me a lot of problems - mostly from printers that don't work now - driver issues). Once I reinstalled Leopard it told me I couldn't access my previous system because it is a newer version than Leopard, therefore I had to go ahead and reinstalled Snow Leopard again. I didn't erase my old system files, they were copied to a "Previous System" folder. But now I want to put all my old data (calendar dates, addresses, emails, etc.) into my newly installed OS. but I can't figure out how. I'm sure there is an easy way, can anyone help me?:[

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
We do not allow duplicate threads here. I merged your new one with the first one.

Did you Download Snow Leopard from the Web? If so, that is against the law. Apple provides no downloadable Snow Leopard. If you pay for it online, it will be shipped to you.

If you downloaded it, then I am closing this thread as we do not allow any discussion of any pirated software here at Mac Forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.