• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

ISRC Coding

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook Pro 15" 2.4ghz
Hi there, has anyone ever embedded an ISRC code into a video?

I have been doing music videos for a year now, not really looked into all the legalities of it. But now I have come to a vid where I need to put the ISRC code in, for royalties etc.

Im wondering how to go about this, anyone got any ideas. Software to use?

Format etc.

Any help much appreciated.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook Pro 15" 2.4ghz
No one?
What about a program that will enable me to edit Video MetaData. Can Adobe Media Encoder do this?
Again, any help much appreciated..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I don't know how much help this will be...

The ISRC handbook wasn't much help but has some hints with working with different formats. I did a search for Final Cut and saw a few mentions of 'Waveburner'.

For imbedding in a QuickTime movie it looks like you would add meta data. QuickTime Pro might be helpful for .mov files, but I'm not sure for this case or if it can be used with other containers such as m4v. For analog copies the handbook book says this should be added to the time clock. That would seem to require some special hardware & software.

The two links at the bottom of this page may lead you somewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.