Messanger For Mac

Reaction score
Ook i got my imac and first thing i download off the apple site was messanger for mac ok so... first problem.. it wont let me choose a display pic everytime i try it does nothing or when i try import one from my desktop it says wrong file type... and also is there any way i can cam with people that are on there windows pc as you know i like to do this rather than opening skype as i dislike skype. lol any help would be greatly appreciated as i know theres alot of great helpers on here. cheers <3 Adam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I have messenger for Mac, and it has no shortage of glitches.... including losing it's connection very often, and they offer no support for Mac!
It also has no video chat feature, apparently it is only available in corporate accounts.
For this reason, I use Skype for video chat.

As far as the display pic, I don't know why this is happening, but are you running version 7.0.2 (the latest version)?
Are you doing this and then clicking the add (+) tab to do this here ?

I've had messenger for Mac Messenger for years now, and they have never done anything to improve things.... this is all part of Microsofts unwillingness to take care of Mac users, where as Apple does it's best to accommodate Windows users.

OP
A
Reaction score
it doesnt matter what way i try to change my display picture weather it be the way on the picture or in a convo it wont even let me choose a different one on the list of choices it doesnt even show my display picture in the convo's just the little msn man is there any other msn clients or is this the only one people use??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
If you want to take a different route, you could dump Messenger for mac altogether. Adium is exactly like messenger for mac, but better :) It actually gets updated and works the exact same way. Get it here: Adium - Download

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I gave Adium a go, but didn't like it, and off memory, it didn't have video chat! Has this changed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
There's something called aMSN - open source for Msnmessenger.
I tried once and I thought it was utter crap.
But from what I understand it can go cross platform video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I'd recommend using Adium or Pidgin; both are lightweight messengers that just work. No webcam support though, so for that you would need to use Skype. But for normal messaging, I'd definitely recommend them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.