Any Good Macbook Pro 13 Inch Cases/Sleeves?

Reaction score
I am finally buying my first macbook pro and I need to get a case for it. Does anyone have some good suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Nov. 2009 4gb ram
I bought the Speck black satin see through case and love it.

Reaction score
I carry mine in a laptop backpack and i bought a macbook air Belkin sleeve (even though i own a macbook pro 15) it fits perfectly, i think the sides have a gel inside them which provides some sort of shock protection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
What I've done with the 13" is to cover the top with the top half of the Speck case, but have left the bottom without the bottom half of it. For the bottom, I put suction cup feet on them so that there's air flow on the bottom, and so that it doesn't get scratched against anything. This is a great combo which keeps it safe, clean and cool.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I'm adding a huge +1 for the Speck cases. They hold in place great and keep it really well protected. There are some issues with heat with any case, but they aren't really worth worrying about, and I've never seen my computer go above 180º, even running Aperture, Photoshop, iTunes, Firefox and probably a few other applications as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13”; 2.66GHz; 4GB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce 320M; 320GB hard drive
Macbook cases/Sleeves

I just decided on a case for my Macbook Pro 13" after researching several different ones. I went with the Incase nylon case. The quality is excellent, though at $60 it's not the cheapest out there. It has pockets and a file for papers, but is still very compact and slim. Also has handles and shoulder strap. I also looked at the Pelican (hardback) case 1080. The Macbook Pro 13" just barely fits into the 1080 although with no room to spare for padding in the length.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Use to be a huge Incase fan. Then I bought the Incase FORTY dollar sleeve for the iPad. I returned it since a Hefty Lawn and Leaf bag fit the thing better. Can you tell I am still upset?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I'm adding a huge +1 for the Speck cases. They hold in place great and keep it really well protected. There are some issues with heat with any case, but they aren't really worth worrying about, and I've never seen my computer go above 180º, even running Aperture, Photoshop, iTunes, Firefox and probably a few other applications as well.

Really? I've gotten my 2GHz Core 2 Duo to 80C+ a number of times. The faster clocked chips get warmer. I don't keep it in a case either. All you have to do is run Warcraft for an hour. Or anything with flash video haha.

Photoshop and Aperture are graphics applications that require some decent processing power for rendering effects and stuff, but in general it utilizes the CPU and RAM in spurts to accomplish these tasks. It needs the power to get stuff done, but there's plenty of downtime too while you're working on your projects. Something like a 3d game on the other hand, or streaming flash video, demands long periods of continuous high CPU use. This will heat stuff up pretty quickly. Especially with a case.

OP
F
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the suggestions!! I was looking at the incase and speck cases too. I want to make sure that my computer doesnt over heat with a case on it all the time. I kinda like Doug B's suction cup idea haha, but i'd still rather have a full case on mine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.