Display latch broken during hd installation

B

bugals

Greetings!

I recently brought my G4 12" iBook to an Apple-certified store to have a new hard drive installed. When they went to give me my computer back, I noticed that the display latch was broken--it won't close or open unless you struggle with it. The store says that the latch must have already broken when I brought it in, but I know it was not (when a worker accepted my computer when I dropped it off, he opened and closed it with ease). Does anyone know enough about iBook repair to let me know at what stage of the hard drive installation the company could have broken the display latch? I'd like some ammo/knowledge when I go and complain to the manager soon.

Thanks!

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

it take almost nothing to repair the latch im sure if u put a nice scream they will just do it for you...

---
As for amo if u have pics of it or anything... lol tell him to look at the store cameras for how east the techanician opened the ibook when it went in for repairs... just make them think u an put up a fight

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Take it back, and have repair it. If it was a problem before the install, they would have noted it and asked if you wanted to repair it. Assuming that you are not under warrantee.

OP
B

bugals

Thanks for the suggestions. I know enough about my iBook to know that you practically have to take the entire thing apart to replace the hd, which is why I suspected the latch could be damaged. I'll let you know how it goes (that security camera suggestion is a REALLY good one, btw).

OP
B

bugals

Grr--the store called me today to say that they recalibrated the LCD latch (emphasizing that they didn't touch the LCD during the installation), but that it still sticks sometimes. I'm not sure why they keep focusing on the LCD screen--couldn't the problem be in the latch part that's near the trackpad?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.