Deleting Apps

Reaction score
How can I delete songs and apps that I don't want taking space on my Macbook's hard drive that are in my iTunes library, but without deleting them from my ipod??? In other words, i want to delete songs from my itunes library on my computer but not my ipod??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
In my opinion you are just asking for trouble by not having everything on your iPod backed-up on your computer. In the event of loss , theft or the ever possible " PBKAC"
It is just too easy to be out of your hard earned money and time spent collecting all your great content. So with that said , instead of deleting to save some space why not just move the entire library to an ex-hdd ? They are super cheap these days and the process is quite simple and outlined here;

Transferring your iTunes Library | iLounge Article

I hope this helps
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011; 500GB HDD, 2.5 GHz i5, 4GB RAM & OS X 10.7. iPhone 4 Vodafone & iPad 2; 16GB & iOS 4.3.5.
Another way would be to use Spotlight search. Make sure that your MacBook shows file extentions and find the app files, which I think are .ipa or you could always search the app name, they are normally saved in iTunes Library or MacBook Library, if you delete them off the Mac and the iPhone they're gone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011; 500GB HDD, 2.5 GHz i5, 4GB RAM & OS X 10.7. iPhone 4 Vodafone & iPad 2; 16GB & iOS 4.3.5.
It is just too easy to be out of your hard earned money and time spent collecting all your great content.
Clay

There is a law, think it is rights to good and purchases act (don't quote me on that lol) But say you download an app or song, even if you completely remove it, using your same account you have the right to download it again for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.