Torrent Client With Specific File Download Prevention

Reaction score
Hey
Wonderin if anyone can help me, I have a macbook and i currently run vuze on it for downloading torrents, but when i download albums and the have .m3u playlists in them, it doubles up in my itunes. I am wondering if anyone knows of any other torrent clients, software or scripts i could run which would prevent the specific .m3u extension files from downloading?

Many thanks in advance
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You can do that in Vuze. Instead of double clicking the file to open it for download, go in to the file menu, add torrent, and then you can select the download folder. When you do, you can tick which files you want to download.
Alternatively, when you add the MP3's to Itunes, don't drag the whole folder, just select the MP3's and drag them.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ah yeah, i know them ways but im incredibly lazy and want an automated way of doin so... any other suggestions? lol

Thanks for the quick reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Nope! No other way, not in any client, you still have to manually de-select the m3u file.
Honestly, just don't import it, it's so much easier. Sheesh.

Reaction score
Use uTorrent.

For example, if you clicked on a specific torrent, instead of it automatically starting the download, it'll bring a box up asking you what parts you want to download.

Select and de-select the files you want, and you are away!
Hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.