13" MacBook Pro - 8gb RAM or 2.66Ghz

Reaction score
Hi

I'm unsure whether to purchase the MBPro with the 2.4GHz processor and 8gb RAM or the 2.66Ghz and 4gb RAM

The notebook is for general use mainly on the road, no heavy gaming or intensive graphics (just video etc).

Is there really such a difference between the 2 processors?

Thanks for any advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums.
For your needs, forget the 8GB of ram, and go with the stock 2.4GHz with the 4GB of Ram!
You can always upgrade your Ram later down the line, but you really won't need to!
Even 2GB of Ram would do the trick, so the bottom of the range is already excessive for your needs! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Hello and welcome to Mac-Forums,

My suggestion is to purchase all the processor that you can afford , then if you see the need to upgrade the ram ( with your listed needs it's doubtful ) past the standard 4 gigs you can do the upgrade yourself at less money then Apple will charge you.

Hope this helps
Clay

6string beat me to the punch !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Totally agree with 6 and Clay. If you know that you'll never be doing anything graphics intensive, then stick with the base model. I doubt you'll ever find yourself needing more RAM unless you underestimated your initial intentions. And if that is ever the case, it is always cheaper to purchase aftermarket RAM. WAY cheaper.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.