• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Before the8thark gets to this 3D Glasses link:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Nice one. I've read about this before. And with 3D tv on the way this is a nice idea to have petented by Apple.

btw in your rush you spelt my name wrong.

[edit] Already posted here a long while ago here. But it's ok We'll post here about it. :).

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Haha.. Can't put anything past you dude.. I'll just leave it to you from now on.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I wonder if they are patenting stuff like this because (some time ago) I read that they had applied for patents on a 3D OS.
I can't find the links for that now, it was an age ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
yeah Apple patents a load of stuff they never intend to use fully. I think they patent it all as:

1. A just in case. We might use it. We might not. But if we do there'd be no hassle of "but some other company claimed it first". Cause Apple has the patent.

2. So others can't use the idea. Patents you never intend on using but you snap up so no one can use the idea till the patent expires. I know a lot of companies do this and I would not put past Apple either.

Reaction score
The future of 3D glasses

I think the iSpecs sound really interesting.. it will be interesting to see how soon they bring this technology to market and how it is embraced by filmmakers. They won't work in the theaters though, so for now you'll have to suck it up and wear the cheap-o glasses they give you.. Though recently some friends of mine purchased designer 3D sunglasses that they rave about.. Illusion Eyewear i think. Supposed to be glasses that can be used in and out of the theater. Now that sounds like a good idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.