best case or travel bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I just picked up the Incase Travel bag yesterday for the iPad and I LOVE IT! It has a super soft interior where you can slide the ipad into, which also allows you to slide it in with your apple case on, or the griffin grip-vue case. It comes with an ipad stand, a few compartments, and best of all, it has a separate section to hold your BT keyboard! It's very sturdy and offers LOTS of protection for the ipad. You can find it on apples site. Did I mention I love this thing?? :)

I ended up returning the keyboard dock because it was useless. I plan on getting the griffin dock in about two weeks, along with some other stuff:)

Reaction score
Looking also. Noticed that some 'block' access to controls, charging,etc. with straps.

Reaction score
Here's another vote for the Apple case. It's snug but easy to put on and makes a fine stand.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
I absolutely love my STM iPad Shoulder Bag! The iPad fits perfectly when inside the apple case. (which is also awesome!) It doesnt have a TON of extra storage but it does have a nice decent sized pocket for some extra stuff. It has a fishnet pocket and some pen holder slots. I absolutely LOVE the strap on it because it has a clip on that front that makes it really easy to lengthen or shorten. And its got a clip for my keys. Like I said I also LOVE my apple ipad case. I love the fold back cover that turns it into a stand or tilts it toward you. I read on a post that someone didnt like that when you use the fold back cover it bends and doesnt lay flat. I havent had that problem. Mine bends a little bit but always lays flat on my iPad.
I found the STM bag online for $35 btw.

Reaction score
I just picked up the Incase Travel bag yesterday for the iPad and I LOVE IT! It has a super soft interior where you can slide the ipad into, which also allows you to slide it in with your apple case on, or the griffin grip-vue case. It comes with an ipad stand, a few compartments, and best of all, it has a separate section to hold your BT keyboard! It's very sturdy and offers LOTS of protection for the ipad. You can find it on apples site. Did I mention I love this thing?? :)

I ended up returning the keyboard dock because it was useless. I plan on getting the griffin dock in about two weeks, along with some other stuff:)

Just checked this out on the Incase site. Does it have a shoulder strap that I just can't see, or at least a place to put one? Thanks.

Reaction score
of raised

i am ordering this one... hopefully it is big enough to fit the ipad with the apple case
STM

That one actually looks pretty good. How did it work out for you? Oh wait, I see you reported that you like it. Cool.

Ideally, I'd like one that fit like a shoulder holster, but somehow without the James Bond look. Guess I'm not comfortable enough with my masculinity to carry a man purse just yet. That STM one does look pretty useful.

Reaction score
Got a kick out of the guy in the video for the Muzetto leather bag. He bragged that it was "environmentally friendly". That is, unless you're a cow!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
Anyone have the Muzetto? It looks really nice. Maybe pair that with one of their suede sleeves?

The Muzetto was, by far, my favorite of all of the bags online. I don't know why I didnt order it, I think it was a little too much $.

Reaction score
Got a kick out of the guy in the video for the Muzetto leather bag. He bragged that it was "environmentally friendly". That is, unless you're a cow!

Ditto.

Never thought "suede" and environmentally friendly were synonymous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well by that standard any cases made with plant based products are not environmentally friendly either cause plants have feelnigs too.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen how the "Switcheasy nude" product works with the Ipad actually on?

Noticed a few Youtube unpacking videos, but no one actually turns on the ipad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I am hoping to find a small bag a little more nondescript than most. One that doesn't say, 'Hello muggers, Apple iPad here, come and steal it!' :D

Any thoughts please? Maybe a kid's school bag? Not stolen from a kid obviously - there are such bags in the shops :)

Reaction score

I have to agree, I love the incase travel bag! That little plastic stand it comes with is so useful that I take it with me even when I have my ipad in its smaller case, which is the belkin one that has the horizonal folds and the zip pocket.

I am very surprised that there are not more stands out there for the ipad yet. The plastic one that comes with this case is great for reading at a cafe or watching video and it holds the ipad in landscape mode which is how I like to watch video and read.

I am in the minority on this board, but I absolutely hated the apple case. That cheap cement colored plastic and the wobbly stand were not my style at all. Why have such a beautiful brushed aluminum design and then cover it in cheap, flimsy, dull cement colored plastic? Anyway, I am ranting....

In summary, I use the incase travel case for actual travelling (plane, road trips, etc) and use the thinner, smaller belkin case with the stand from the incase case for my everyday case when I am carrying the ipad into a cafe or putting it in my bookbag, etc... The incase case is a bit large for my everyday use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
I have the Incase convertible being shipped, but I ordered the Marware Eco Vue. I'm going to send the Incase back. The Marware is less expensive, is made of real leather, has a LIFETIME warranty, and is less bulky than the Incase. Things like this can get complicated when ordering online - first hand sight unseen. Incase generally makes great stuff, but the Marware does appear to be the better deal here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.