MBP Refund/Return Future Shop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" C2D 2.26 2G RAM 500GB HDD, iPod touch 64GB
So, and I'm sure I'm not alone, I read the specs of the new MBP's and I'm a little ticked off them the one I bought barely over a month ago is now more expensive and less powerful than the one released today. I bought it from a Future Shop and I know their return policy is 14 days for Notebooks. But I feel seriously ripped off:Shouting:. Is there a way I could go in and demand a refund since it was only 41 days ago and now I am neglected of hundreds of dollars of value? Please respond, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I would say going in and "demanding" will just get you shown the door ! My old pop used to say " you can demand in one hand.." (well you know the rest). I suggest you give Apple a call and plead your case ever so politely and see if the good people can work something out with you.

Clay

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for the response. Do you think really think Apple will sympathize? I guess it's worth a shot. This really is frustrating though, considering the apparent massive boost in performance. I knew there was an impending update but this is a lot more than I expected.
Tried calling, they basically told me there was nothing they could do.

Reaction score
Mine just missed the 14 day mark by 3 days and they are going to exchange mine tomorrow for me. I called a little late but I got it approved, but wouldn't have time to reset all my settings and get my pictures off so they said first thing tomorrow would be fine. I am very pleased.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
your lucky yours was so close to the purchase time. I suppose I really lucked out though since its my own fault for buying it so late in its generation. I called Apple Canada and I got to pick any item on the Apple store under $100 (ended up being $100.97;) ). Thankfully someone at Apple sympathized with me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.