Installing Mac OS X Drivers

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm currently about to run bootcamp on my iMac, and I have the correct Windows XP disc and everything, but I can't seem to find my Mac OS X disc. What I'd like to know is can I burn the drivers that are needed to get internet when your on Windows onto a blank disc? Basically make another Mac OS X disc? If not, can I use the Applications disc to install everything? Or will I have to buy a new disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well take it you are running OS X currently, so proceed with the install and see what happens. You do need that disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I used the Windows drivers on my OS X disc so I can't say for sure this is going to work but going to Apple's website I found this. What version of Boot Camp do you have? Apparently this driver needs version 2.1 in order to work.

Apple also has a nice Boot Camp Support site. You can download other drivers there if needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
If I bought a new Mac OS X Snow Leopard disc, such as this one:

Amazon.com: Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard: Software

would that solve the problem? Could I use that as a new hardware and run bootcamp with it?
Well first off what version of OS X do you have? Secondly if you already have Boot Camp then you probably don't need to buy another copy of OS X. Boot Camp was introduced with OS 10.5 Leopard so if you have Leopard or Snow Leopard then you already have Boot Camp.

If that is the case then open Boot Camp. It will be in your Applications folder under the sub folder Utilities. When it's open go up to the menu and find the About Boot Camp selection to see what version you have and let us know. Quit Boom Camp unless you are ready to install Windows.

You can actually install Windows without the drivers. The problem is that you won't be able to use all the Apple hardware and features the way you are used to or they simply won't work so you really should install the drivers. Anyway you might want to try the drivers from Apple's website first but it's nice to have an OS X install disc in case you need to ever reinstall the OS so it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy it anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.