Unable to open Applications.

Reaction score
Hello, in my applications folder, when i try to open an application i get the error either "you don't have sufficient access privileges"<downloaded apps and "this is not supported on this architecture"<for the core apps like ical itunes also the application icon is changed to the blue folder with the red access denied icon in the bottom right, ive tried useing Onyx but not sure how. any help to tell me whats wrong and how i can fix it would be great, thanks.

Matt-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac C2D, 3.33Ghz, 8mb Ram; 24" iMac, 2.66Ghz, 4mb Ram; 14" iBook
After you've run the OnyX installer open it (installer should have put it in your Applications folder). At launch it should check your S.M.A.R.T. status and then verify that your disk is OK. When that's done it'll prompt you to run your admin password, then click on the 'Automator' button and then slect 'execute' and leave it to do its work. Reboot once it's finished and see if it has helped.
Alternatively, you could launch DiskUtility (if the Mac will let you given your current problem) in your Utilities folder. Select your disk from the left side of the window - usually Macintosh HD - and then click on 'Repair Permissions'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Also, are you the only user on the computer? Because an administrative account could have locked out specific apps from your account (hence the "you don't have sufficient access privileges").

OP
M
Reaction score
of course im the admin... im useing onyx now, to fix the disk permissions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
of course im the admin... im useing onyx now, to fix the disk permissions.

hey, you never know ;D (I wasn't sure how familiar you were with OS X)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.