Macbook Pro A1226 problem

Reaction score
Alright, I am new to this forum and this is my first post, so if I put it in the wrong section then my apologies. I have an A1226 model Macbook Pro 2.2GHz. The bezel around the screen is cracked on both sides near the bottom. I have heard that this is semi-common with this body style of macbook. You can buy bezels online for $50-100, but I talked to the people at powerbookmedic.com, and they said since mine is a Santa Rosa model, I have to replace the whole screen. I don't get why that is. Isn't Santa Rosa just the chipset? The screen looks the same to me as all the other models of this body type. Has anyone else dealt with this. I really don't want to pay $699 for a new display plus $95 installation.

OP
W
Reaction score
Alright, so I just found some A1226 bezels on ebay. I have a feeling this is going to be a pain in the butt to swap out, so has anyone done this before.

Reaction score
It isn't too much of a pain to do, but it does kind of blow.

You have to remove the display assembly first. Unscrew the bottom two corner screws, remove the back of the display. Remove the LCD.

Once the LCD is removed you have to unscrew the "clutch clover" from the bezel assembly. It's the curved rubber part that has the inverter and wifi cables inside of it. Once that is removed, you'll have to unscrew the hinges as well and just screw them into the new bezel. It's completely paint by numbers, but be really careful when plugginge everything in.

MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS REMOVED AT ALL TIMES!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.