iPhone 3g wi-fi connection problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13inch 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120GB HDD, iPhone 3g 3.1.3, iPod Touch 2g
Hi all,

I currently own an iPhone 3g, It's out of warrenty and i broke the screen and the headphone flex cable, so I replaced these with care and it worked perfectly afterwards (Im very skilled with stuff like this due to my career)

The problem im having now is that the Wi-Fi is very poor, the phone's actual signal for ringing/sms is fine, but the Wi-Fi doesn't pick up any networks within the area, I can connect to my router on my home network when im stood right next to the router, but as soon as I take a couple of steps back, the wireless disconnects.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

thanks
Ant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Hi all,

I currently own an iPhone 3g, It's out of warrenty and i broke the screen and the headphone flex cable, so I replaced these with care and it worked perfectly afterwards (Im very skilled with stuff like this due to my career)

The problem im having now is that the Wi-Fi is very poor, the phone's actual signal for ringing/sms is fine, but the Wi-Fi doesn't pick up any networks within the area, I can connect to my router on my home network when im stood right next to the router, but as soon as I take a couple of steps back, the wireless disconnects.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

thanks
Ant

My best guess would be a damaged wifi antenna. Are you 100% all of the connections are secure and firm in place?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13inch 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120GB HDD, iPhone 3g 3.1.3, iPod Touch 2g
yeah i've had it apart 3 more times just to make sure that everything is connected properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.