OSX server 10.5.8 to OSX snow leopard

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a Mac server from someone and it currently has an unlimited server osx version of the operating system. It's 10.5.8. One reason I got the mac was to test and develop iphone apps, but after downloading the SDK it informs me that I need OSX 10.6.3 and to upgrade.

My question is this? can I purchase the $29 upgrade disk for OSX snow leopard and upgrade my server? The unlimited server doesn't have an upgrade and so it costs $499.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
No, using just the Snow Leopard disk will not update your server version to Snow Leopard Server, you will have to buy the Unlimited Server upgrade.
Snow Leopard doesn't have all the applications for server administration and all the other things that come with Snow Leopard Server so it can't update them.
I believe that you could just buy the normal Snow Leopard disk and replace the server version on your mac if you don't need it and just want the normal Snow Leopard version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.