• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

AT&T Microcell

Reaction score
Hey has anyone gotten to try one of those ATT micro cell's?
Im wondering cause I have a buddy that lives out in the country of a pretty small town (dont even have 3G yet) and he gets very poor poor service inside his house and it takes awhile to find a signal when ya go out side, no matter what the carrier. Now his internet isnt that great, its a radio wireless base system that points to a tower in the area, and sometimes isnt all that great. Im just wondering if this might be a good look for him, or if maybe one of those boosters Cell booster just thought I would get some opinions. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Hey has anyone gotten to try one of those ATT micro cell's?
Im wondering cause I have a buddy that lives out in the country of a pretty small town (dont even have 3G yet) and he gets very poor poor service inside his house and it takes awhile to find a signal when ya go out side, no matter what the carrier. Now his internet isnt that great, its a radio wireless base system that points to a tower in the area, and sometimes isnt all that great. Im just wondering if this might be a good look for him, or if maybe one of those boosters Cell booster just thought I would get some opinions. :Smirk:

I wouldn't get either of them. Why buy another piece of hardware to improve the already terrible service.
Has he considered another carrier? Verizon? Sprint? Tmobile?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
he gets very poor poor service inside his house and it takes awhile to find a signal when ya go out side, no matter what the carrier.

Sounds like the other carriers are just as lax as AT&T in this case. A booster may help but I'm not sure of what he can do aside from persuading one of them to put a hub closer to him.

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
Yeah I mean it is really all carriers out there that just kinda drop in that area, Its kinda like a Dead Zone around his house. I mean granted every now and then you can get weak service, thats why I was thinking maybe one of these would work. I mean cause honestly we have AT&T for our phones and g/f and family use AT&T I mean we do love our AT&T not just cause of the iPhone, but really like all the problems I hear about in the bigger cities the only thing we can really compare to them is the price, but I think price is ganna be like that no matter what carrier. I think mostly I am just rambling now. haha thanks guys ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.