• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD burning problem....project hangs

Reaction score
I have an issue Im unable to resolve....I created a project in iDVD using pics from iPhoto and music from iTunes. Added a title page.
Whole project is apx 18 mins in length.

When the project plays back on my Mac 10.4 tiger oper system it looks and plays fine. After I burn the project it hangs in almost the same spot EVERY time...on some players in actually just shuts down.

I have attempted to re-burn the project several times, deleted and recreated the audio playlist, confirmed I have enough HD space and disc space..

This is for a friends birthday party this Saturday....ANY assistence would be greatly appreciated.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here is my guess, what type of media are you using?

C

chas_m

Save the project as a disc image.

Now play the disc image on your computer. Does it play smoothly? Then burn from the disc image.

If you're still having problems, it's the media (blank DVDs) you're using, not iDVD.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for assistance

Rman and Chas ...The media Im using is Sony DVD-R 4.7 DVD.

I have used these before with prior projects...although shorter in length.
Is there a better media you would recommend?

I will attempt to save the project as a disc image in the meantime.

OP
J
Reaction score
Best media for iDVD

As a follow up to an earlier posting I wanted to ask about the best recommended media to use for iDVD.

Im having an issue with an iDVD project which plays back perfect on Mac but hangs on some players and actually shuts down during playback on others.
I currently use Sony DVD-R 4.7 discs. Based on a couple of very good replies to my original post this may be the problem

I have a Tiger OSX 10.4 using iDVD version 6.

Any recommendations on a better media would be great. I have until Saturday to get this project working again.

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged duplicate threads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.