DVD Drive for an iMac G3?

F

franks21

i have an old iMac Snow G3 and a friend gave me a couple of DVDs with programs i need to put onto the my computer for work. The only problem is i have a cd burner and not a dvd rom. Is there anyway to get a DVD drive either external or internal for my mac? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if your imac has firewire ports, you can connect an external dvd rom of some sort to it and use it, or you could replace your internal drive. if you have access to another mac, and that mac has a dvd rom, you can copy the files to that mac, then use firewire disk mode and copy them to the imac.

OP
F

franks21

Macman said:
if your imac has firewire ports, you can connect an external dvd rom of some sort to it and use it, or you could replace your internal drive. if you have access to another mac, and that mac has a dvd rom, you can copy the files to that mac, then use firewire disk mode and copy them to the imac.

thanks ill try the firewire method

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.