Opera Mini

Reaction score
I just downloaded opera mini for the iPhone and so far its pretty cool, not fantastic but give me time to play with it and Im sure I will end up liking it better than Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I just downloaded it too. Been waiting for it for a loooong time. Great to see that it got accepted!

It seems to be pretty fast, but I am sure that the speed is more noticeable when not on wifi or when on a slow connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I downloaded it this morning; very quick :). And a pleasure to use too. I was expecting it to be awful after using Opera on every other mobile platform.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I am surprised Apple approved it!

I wont be surprised if it gets removed within the next couple of days either :p

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
For those of you who are paranoid about privacy, you might want to look into why it's so fast. ;)

I've been waiting for this and while it's still rough around some edges, I am pleased. I've been looking forward to tabs (switching between windows can be quite cumbersome sometimes in MobileSafari) for quite some time and Speed Dial is fantastic. As an Opera user on the desktop, it's nice to start using a browser with the same characteristics and "quirks" on my mobile device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Ok so I downloaded it this morning and played with it all day ( why cant I get it to post to M-F ?) and I really want to like it ( mostly so vansmith will like me ) but I just don't see it becoming my go to browser. I just don't see the speed / quirk's trade off to be enough to take me away from the Safari I know and love.

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Does anybody know how to set it as a default browser? Links in e-mails still open in Safari (obviously) and I can't find any settings to change it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Have it for my G1. Amazing piece of software, better than the stock browser. WAY better. Although, one thing I do not like is that if I'm closed out of the browser for a while, then re-open, it restarts so I lose any web page I had open before. Oh, and the scrolling is really crazy, jumps a lot.

Over all, I love it!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
For those of you who are paranoid about privacy, you might want to look into why it's so fast. ;)

Yeah, it goes to the CLOUDS to render the page! :D Van LOVES them clouds! :D JK

I was wondering how it was rendering so fast then Van clued me in as always! :D

And to Clay, if you open your Windows and let in some fresh air, you might like it more! :D

Sorry, in a funny mode tonight. On a more serious note, yes, it does bug me it's not rendering on the iphone and on some server, but the speed is really nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.