Handbrake problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A while ago, I used handbrake to copy the first DVD of a set of two to my hard drive. 4.37gb reduced to 2.2. All good, no issues. Recently, I burned the second DVD of the set. The thing is, Handbrake seems to be significantly increasing the file size in the conversion and I can't imagine why that's happening. This was another 4.37gb DVD, converted to mp4 at 60.78% quality (the default that came up), with a resulting 5.7gb set of files!

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? I tried burning twice and even re-installed Handbrake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Actually Handbrake can rip protected DVDs (with the help of VLC). It also is extremely easy for beginners. Select a preset and go.

HOWEVER... discussions regarding ripping protected DVDs is against forum rules. Ridge... I suggest you look for help in the Handbrake forums. As it is, the question is confusing. You say you "copied" the first DVD and "burned" the second one. It is not clear to me what you did exactly, since you would have had to have ripped the second one before burning anything, and Handbrake doesn't burn to DVDs, or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.