Settlers 7 snow leopard help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently mac os x 10.8.3, hopefully soon 10.6.3.
Hey, I just got the settlers 7 game over in France, and every time i click to play it it says my version of mac os x 5.8 cant play it, so I found out that it needs snow leopard to work, but I dont know if i want to buy a whole new thing. Is it possible to get an update or something to get it, or do I absolutely need to buy an attachment?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey, I just got the settlers 7 game over in France, and every time i click to play it it says my version of mac os x 5.8 cant play it, so I found out that it needs snow leopard to work, but I dont know if i want to buy a whole new thing. Is it possible to get an update or something to get it, or do I absolutely need to buy an attachment?

If you already own OS 10.5.8...then the upgrade disk for OS 10.6 is only $29 bucks...hard to beat that price!:)

- Nick

OP
macgaming
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But are you sure there is no way to get any kind of computer update? Cus I got this thing for 50 euros and I dont know If i want to pay any more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
But are you sure there is no way to get any kind of computer update? Cus I got this thing for 50 euros and I dont know If i want to pay any more.
There is no way to update. Snow Leopard is un upgrade not an update.
You say you got this thing for 50 euros.... do you mean Leopard, or the Mac?
If the Mac, what Mac is it, and what are the specs?
You probably can't upgrade past Leopard!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You won't get a new OS or OS upgrade for a better price. There are no online (legal) downloads of Snow Leopard. You'll be happy you upgraded.

OP
macgaming
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got the game for 50 euros. Well thanks anyway guys, I probably get it later.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got the game for 50 euros. Well thanks anyway guys, I probably get it later.

It's always a good idea to read the hardware & OS specifications for a game or software application before buying it.

- Nick

OP
macgaming
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I couldn't read the requirements cus they were in french on the box.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I couldn't read the requirements cus they were in french on the box.

Then maybe you should:

- learn how to read French
- should have asked someone else to read it for you that reads French
- should not have purchased it if you weren't 100% sure what you were buying.

By the way...I don't speak/read French either. But numbers are numbers in French or English. So I'm sure on the box where the system specifications are the numbers 10.6.0, 10.6.1, 10.6.2, or 10.6.3...which would have told you that you needed this version of the Mac OS on your computer.

Since you only have 10.5.8 you either should not have purchased the game...or just buy the $29 10.6 upgrade disk so you can install the game.

It's really that simple!

- Nick

p.s. You may also be interested to know...that since this is the French version of this game (and you don't read French)...how do you know that once you get the game installed that you will be able to read anything??? It may all be in French!!!

OP
macgaming
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Second of all, the requirements were in the instructions and the box was in that plastic box thing like at blockbuster, so i only saw it after I bought it. the only way I knew it was snow leopard was the numbers. Plus i could pick the language in installation. Its an international game, given that it was made in Germany

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Second of all, the requirements were in the instructions and the box was in that plastic box thing like at blockbuster, so i only saw it after I bought it. the only way I knew it was snow leopard was the numbers. Plus i could pick the language in installation. Its an international game, given that it was made in Germany

Well then it sounds like all you need is the $29 Snow Leopard upgrade disk....which is what I recommended in post #2 of this thread.

- Nick

OP
macgaming
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I get, I'll get the upgrade, geeze.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.