Change location settings

Reaction score
I have a MAC Mini which I bought from a UK apple store. I am running OS-X

Whenever I open a website safari will always default to open the US version rather than the UK. The most annoying of these is Ebay, but it tends to do it with any site that has a .com and a .co.uk version.

This happens whenever I just type the short version of the web address without specifying the .co.uk part.

It is really annoying, how can I fix this problem? I normally use google chrome on my other PCs but on MAC have to use Safari (I don't like Firefox), and the problem is driving me crazy.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks
Luke

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hmmmm. I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but try deleting your pref file for Safari (com.apple.Safari.plist), found in ~/Library/Preferences. Perhaps this will reset it.

Also... in System Preferences > International, is your language set as UK? I doubt this would affect this problem, but worth a shot. Actually... this may do it. According to this page from Apple, Safari uses your operating system’s regional settings to determine your location, then customizes your bookmarks based on region.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.