Can Graphics issues be related to mobo problem ?

Reaction score
Hey guys, here is my problem..
I bought a mac mini late 2009 4gb ram in january.
After making a clean install of Snow Leopard, 2 problems came out.They might be there before, but I used it for 2 days before the clean install, I cant remember if they were there or not.what ever..
The first one, is graphics related.
The dock, expose,spaces the were all sluggish(im running 1080p), specially if I were visting a heavy-flash website.the dock suddenly get a little choppy, speciallyin the tips.the expose was always sluggish...I decided to wait for the 10.6.3 and the improvement of graphic drivers to see if the problems would persist.They did.I gotta admit, it got better.specially the spaces.But they were not fine as they should be...still a little sluggish...(OBS i dont use any software that require a lot of video, like photoshop, or what ever)
The second problem is about safari...Sudenly he tells me that I was not conected to the internet, but for some sites only, most of them...some others, he accessed just fine...I needed to reset my router to get the prob solved.It was not a internet probl, because it ocurred in different places, and the other macs here in my house are just fine.
I decided to perform a new clean install to see if the would persist.They did...
Them, I took it to the apple store here to get my mini tested.
Today, they called me and told me that they found a problem in my mother board, and it would take a week to be replaced.
My question is: Can both this problems be caused by a problem in the mother board?How? How could the graphics be partially affected by a problem in the mobo ? and the safari one ?
I need a light here.
Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
My best bet is the GPU is ok. But the info gets somehow screwed on it's way from the GPU to your screen through the Mobo. I'm not 100% sure but I'm sure some other bright spark here could tel you for certain. But if Apple think your Mobo is screwed, let them fix it on the warranty :).

OP
V
Reaction score
my fear is that one of the problems was caused by the mobo damage, but the other one no, and they stop looking for the other problem cause when they found the mobo problem.
What ever...thank you !
lets hope and see!
Another fact that I forgot to mention, is that i runned xbench 2 times, and I dont remember seeing any issue in the video by the score....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.