Removing BBC iPlayer from dock ... (?)

Reaction score
BBC iPlayer appears in the dock whenever I start or log back on. I've tried dragging it out of the dock and I see the puff of smoke each time. But back it comes at once. I rarely use BBC iPlayer and would be satisfied with starting it up from Applications when the need arises.

I like to keep a slimmed down dock and this thing is maddening. I'd greatly appreciate a solution.

Thanks

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
When the icon is in the dock, right click on it to bring up the menu. Choose Options and make sure Keep in Dock and Open at Login are not checked. I don't know if this will solve the problem, but it's worth a shot.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, I followed your suggestion and it's gone ... both after log in and after a restart.

Thank you very much.

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Glad that worked for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.