macbook pro suggestions

Reaction score
Im goin to buy CS5 master collection and I want to know if 13'' or 15'' macbook pro will work fine?

I'm in college and i want to get the lightest portable macbook, if neither of them works how about the 17''?

oh and if any of them does work plz tell me witch tech specs i need thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Any Mac would run that fine, but more graphics power is usually better for graphics intensive applications. The 13 inch Macbook Pro will give you a bit more than the white Macbook, but the screen might be too small. The 17 inch seems a bit too huge, but this is really up to you. No one can tell you which is best for your purposes.

I would probably suggest a 15 inch MBP. From there you'll have a choice between 3 different processors and 3 sizes of hard drives. I don't think it matters which processing speed you get, you probably won't notice a world of difference, and the hard drive size is again up to you. But I would recommend getting one with 512 MB of GDDR3 memory if possible. Here's a comparison chart:

Apple - Mac - Which MacBook are you? - Comparison Chart

Reaction score
I recently bought the 13" MBPro with 2.53MHz processor/4GB ram/250HDD new for $1325 after rebate. I feel this is a great deal for a small imaging machine.

I work as a professional photographer and use Mac Pro and iMac desktop machines for Photoshop work on a daily basis.

The 13" MBP I just bought works great with Photoshop. Plenty fast enough. And if portability and low weight is important, I think the 13" is fine. Having more screen area can be nice, but isn't necessary if you want to keep size, weight, and price down.

New MBPros are likely to be announced tomorrow. They are going to start at $1800 for the 15" models. Not sure if the 13" models will be updated. If you don't want to spend that much, I'd recommend the model I just bought which can be had for around $1325, or for about $1525, the same thing in a current 15" model. While more RAM than 4GB can help speed things with huge files, I find the 4GB model easily handles having a half dozen 50GB files open at the same time in PS. No need to increase RAM beyond 4GB unless you find yourself having problems, which is doubtful.

You will want an external, large HDD. I recommend a 500GB model at minimum to store your files on. I use the Mac's internal system HDD just for applications and basic files, while storing all image files on separate, external (more than 1!) hard drives. OtherWorldComputing's Mercury OnTheGo 2.5" enclosures are great as they are FW800 and bus powered! Order a 500GB 7k Hitachi drive, pop it into the enclosure and you've got a great set up for working image files with the MBP. One more thing you'll need is a graphics tablet to go with the MBP... strongly recommend the Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch for around $80. Awesome tablet for a very good price! I use a bigger Wacom tablet with my MacPro, but this little Bamboo is sweet for more mobile image editing.

I use a lap desk for working on a sofa, recliner, or from bed and the MBP and Bamboo fit perfectly on the lapdesk. Last thing... get a LapWorks adjustable stand for the MBP so you can angle the keyboard section up toward you. With these goodies, you will be set for serious computing at a desk, easy chair, or even in bed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook ProProcessor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz Number Of Processors: 1
13" MBPro with 2.56MHz processor/4GB ram/250HDD

The 13" MBPro with 2.56MHz processor/4GB ram/250HDD will work fine with any CS5 program, iv'e used this on the 24" IMac and my 13" MBPro with no issues at all

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.