Macbook no longer asking for password

Reaction score
About a week ago I was having trouble with my macbook's isight cam. I was getting a black screen from it, but I was able to fix it by doing a PRAM reset. However since that time my macbook hasn't required me to input my password each time I reopen it. I haven't changed any of the settings and in security settings under 'general' all the boxes are still checked. I've tried restarting once, but no change.

If anyone can help get my macbook to require my password upon reopening again it would be greatly appreciated.

(Note: I can use my mac well enough and troubleshoot a bit, but I have no idea what PRAM actually is, so there may be an obvious fix here, but please bear with me)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums.
Go to security again. uncheck all the items, and recheck the items again.
Then go to Accounts, login options, and make sure that automatic login is off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Pleasure.... all good, and now that you're here, don't be a stranger.
There is much to learn here, as too, information that you may be able share with others!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.