Embedded videos play in windows, can't download

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is normal with macs but whenever I visit a website with embedded video the video often plays in a separate window.
In stead of playing the video on a screen on the website, it opens quicktime.
Handy but I wonder if this is also why I can't find a way to download the software.
No don't worry, I want to download a interview with me by local tv who don't mind me downloading it.
But somehow I just can't get it done.
I've tried several firefox addons, perian, itubegrabber, keepvid.com and a few more.
But perhaps because the videos are opened in a seperate player and not in the browser, I can't download them.
I did find the url of the video itself, it is on a mms:// address.

So I was wondering if its normal that some sites play the video in a new open browser or if this is a setting I can change and also if there is a way to download embedded videos.

Yes I asked the tv station for a dvd but I don't want to wait for it and besides, after discovering this problem I sort of want to find a solution, even if I get the dvd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
what's the URL? Safari can usually download streams through the Activity window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.