help finding various programs for newbie (me) that owns a powermac G4

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm ivan and while I'm used to mac from school I got one a year ago and updated it not too long ago. It's a little old. It's a powermac g4 quicksilver and I was wondering if you guys can help me by giving me names of good virus protection for the mac and also where to download adobe photoshop cs3 trial so I can get some school work done. Also any other programs you would like to suggest would be great! thanks you guys!

edit: lol oops didn't notice I put good virus instead of good virus protection sorry lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
All Adobe trial software can be downloaded from their website. Currently you don't really need virus protection for Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You have not provided the operating system. For that machine Tiger OS X.4 would be great, with a recommended minimum of 1GB of memory. There is no OS X virus in existence, but be aware there are some trojans which lurk at unfavourable sites and pirate download sites so just steer clear of them.

OP
J
Reaction score
oh yeah lol i have OSX Tiger for it.

the reason why i'm asking is not for myself but for my clients.t I'm a graphic designer and I want to be able to send my clients my work when I'm done without accidentally sending a virus or sending a corrupt file. I don't want their computers to get a virus because of me that's all.

Also what are the programs you think are must have for a mac. also any suggestions for programs for a graphic designer (me)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I understand what you are talking about. If you want a free antivirus then you can try out ClamXav. Make sure to get the version for Tiger. There are other anitvirus software like Norton for Mac but I haven't used them personally so I can't really say how good it is. I'm sure you can read reviews online if you did a Google search. Also again you would have to maybe get an older version that supports Tiger.

As for other software, I would think most of the software you would need would be in the Adobe Suite collection. If you are also doing web design then you might be interested in TextWrangler if you hand code html. I use it myself and find it useful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.