Best Data Recovery Centers in NYC area?

Reaction score
Ok so somehow when trying to partition my hard drive, my leopard disappeared. Before I reinstall it, I was told to take the laptop to a data recovery center if I want to recover my files, because once i reinstall leopard, everything will be gone.

So, does anyone know of a place I can go to in NYC for data recovery service? Any leads to exceptional ones with decent prices? I would prefer to do a drop off, but am open to non drop offs for phenomenal work.
Help!

C

chas_m

1. I would suggest checking with TekServe for this.

2. You are aware of how much money you're about to spend, right?

C

chas_m

If you got that quote from a "PC place," disregard it. They have no idea what they are talking about.

That seems VERY VERY low for clean-room data recovery. If you feel confident about it, by all means save the money, but I'd talk to DriveSavers (or the aforementioned TekServe) first. I think you'll get a much more realistic picture of what this is going to involve.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.