keyboard broken - ibook clamshell

C

ciaran.mooney

afternoon all,

have a slight problem. i removed the keyboard to install a wireless network card, which is working fine.

unfortunatly my keyboard has ceased to work properly. the shift keys and apple keys dont seem to be working. they work sporadically when i really push the buttons down. this is an inconvience as you can guess

has anyone had this problem and more importantly fathomed out a way to solve it?

p.s. sorry for no capitals.

Reaction score
Assuming the keyboard was working properly before you removed it, I would first look at the connector for it. Double check that its installed properly and that none of the traces or connectors are damged. Barring that, look for kinks in the ribbon cable if it has one.

ed724

OP
C

ciaran.mooney

Well,

Yes it was working fine before I got my pair of ham fists near it :D

Had a look at the back of the keyboard seems theres a little gluey bit that sticks the ribbon to the keyboard, which had come away, not much to prompt alarm, but seemed to be "wrong".

So i got some selotape and just stick it inbetween the keyboard and cable now it seems to be working again

!@£$%^&()?>:"{}|

HUZZAH!

Wouldnt surprise me if the problem reoccured though.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

OP
F

feyd

Note to self: Keyboards are not play things...

i had a similar issue:
the function keys ceased to function after i removed/replaced the keyboard. (i was quite upset at loosing my volume keys!). i took it back to the apple store and they couldnt figure out what was wrong and replaced it. *shrug* so i dont know if i f---ed it up or what.
-feyd
btw: at least you were being productive, adding the card... i was just seeing what you could (or in this case shouldnt?) do with a laptop. *grin*

ciaran.mooney said:
have a slight problem. i removed the keyboard to install a wireless network card, which is working fine.

unfortunatly my keyboard has ceased to work properly. the shift keys and apple keys dont seem to be working. they work sporadically when i really push the buttons down. this is an inconvience as you can guess

has anyone had this problem and more importantly fathomed out a way to solve it?

p.s. sorry for no capitals.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.