Is Warranty Transferable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac
When I bought my iMac, five weeks ago, I also purchased a 3-year service warranty - is this warranty transferable, should I decide to sell or give away my iMac? Thanks.

Pete

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
The warranty stays with the machine in Apple's case, be it the iPhone or the iMac or any accessories.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
When I bought my iMac, five weeks ago, I also purchased a 3-year service warranty - is this warranty transferable, should I decide to sell or give away my iMac?

Give away your iMac! I'm assuming you're asking this for a reason. Who's the lucky recipient? Is there an iPad in your future???

OP
oldfella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac
What little I know about computers, I learned on the PC... and that took me the better part of 15 years, this here beauty (iMac) has got me plenty confused and frustrated; I'm thinking about selling it, at a big loss!

Pete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Before you go that way........ drop the Windows knowledge, and by saying that, I say start from scratch and it's really easy!
Go to Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics and spend a little time running through the many tutorials.
Even though I did the switch years ago, I still go there now, and learn heaps when I do!

C

chas_m

Pete:

If you've worked your way through the resources people here have mentioned repeatedly like the ones above, or like Mac 101 and Switch 101 and the iLife tutorials and you're still hopelessly confused, that's no good.

My suggestion would be to sit down and really assess what it is you need a computer to do. The whole idea -- at least from Apple's perspective -- is to make computing more enjoyable, not more frustrating. The first step in figuring out a plan is to work out what you actually need.

Then go have a look at the iPad and see if it couldn't meet your requirements. Be sure to talk with an Apple Genius (or at least an iPad owner) before making a decision.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And if you do decide to sell, you shouldn't take anywhere near as big a hit as you would on a Win PC. Even on craiglist, you're likely to be able to sell it with a 8-10% discount.

OP
oldfella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac
Thanks for the words of encouragement, folks. Actually I'm not doing that bad, have learned a lot with your help and the help of others. The apple folks have been helpful as well, but I'm reluctant to call for their assistance - the las time I got in a hassle with a second-tier advisor, I wanted to know how to delete something created at his advice, which turned out to be the wrong thing. "can't tell you to do that, I can only advice you" Uh?... well, then, advise me how to delete/remove it, because I'm not sure I know how... it is wrong to assume every one should know as much as you do! At 92 I think I'm doing darn well.

Pete

Reaction score
If you live near an apple store, it might be worth it to make an appointment to get some lessons. They have one on one time that you can sign up for. Sometimes, sitting next to someone and going through the steps with them looking over your shoulder can make all the difference. Things with a mac are different. Sounds like you are embracing that difference, you just need a little hand holding to get you over the hump.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Agreed ^^
Otherwise Pete, perhaps you could PM (private message) one of the moderators here, and maybe there is a chance that one of them know someone near you in Tennessee that may be willing to come over and give an "old fella" a bit of their time and share a little of their knowledge!
A shot in the dark I know, but through being a part of this Forum for a little while now, I have come to know that there are many kind selfless folks here that will go out of their way for others.
Regards
Kane

OP
oldfella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac
I live about 70 miles from an Apple Store (Nashville or Huntsville), but I can't (shouldn't) drive that far. There are small but annoying "problems" that come up format time-to-time... like why is my last name injected after my username when I send or receive emails "oldfella(lastname)", how did that get in there. I have two email addresses through my ISP, one is "oldfella" and the other is my name: "pete(lastname)". My ISP has done and re-done these two email addresses, still this issue continues. Can any one here shed some eight on how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Pete

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.