iBook G4 doesn't auto-connect to my network - Airport

Reaction score
I have an iBook G4 1.33 GHz, model A1133. Recently, it has not been connecting to my network automatically. I have to click on the airport signal bars and select my network. Also, every time I turn it on, it says that none of my preferred networks are available and if I want to join a public one. However, when I click on the signal bars at the top, my network is there. I did not change any settings. Is there a way to reset the airport settings/card? Is this a sign that the card is about to die? A few weeks ago, I got a number of errors saying I had to restart the computer (the one that shades out your screen) typical of a kernel panic. I believe the airport card in my model is the integrated one that cannot be removed.

p.s. If this seems like a double post, I accidentally posted this in the "Apple Notebooks" section of this site.

Reaction score
I just purchased a used Powerbook G4 1.33ghz and I am experiencing the same problem. It does not happen every time I turn the powerbook on but I would say it happens every couple of times. It is quite annoying.

OP
m3chan1zr
Reaction score
Glad to know someone that has the same problem.

I just purchased a used Powerbook G4 1.33ghz and I am experiencing the same problem. It does not happen every time I turn the powerbook on but I would say it happens every couple of times. It is quite annoying.

Mmm. No solution yet. It's good to know that someone has the same problem as I do. Can't seem to find a solution online. I've had my iBook since 2006 and had no problems. After getting a few error screens that blacked out the monitor, I thought that it was something major. Suddenly, it seemed to fix itself. Now the internet won't automatically connect. I guess this is better than having to buy a new laptop. :|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.