Some help re MS Word for OS X 10.5.8

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to the world of Mac. I've been trying to get used to the way the OS behaves and in this endeavor the internet has been a big help. However, there is one specific issue for which I have not found any help anywhere. So I thought I'd ask the forum here.

I wanted to find out if anyone is aware of a keyboard shortcut for the 'Format Painter' function in Word for OSX. In Windows, its typically shift ctrl c to copy the format, and shift ctrl v to paste the format. I tried to replace ctrl with cmd but that didn't work.

Any help would be really appreciated, because I have this huge document to format and don't fancy using the mouse!

Thanks for having me here and looking forward to any suggestions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You'll have to add one (two, actually) since there isn't one by default.

Choose Tools > Customize Keyboard... and choose the "Edit" category. Assign shortcuts to the "CopyFormat" and "PasteFormat" commands.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And if using Office 2008, go into Preferences and save Word documents as .doc, and not the default .docx otherwise your Windows friends will have problems with your Word attachments. There have been a number of important updates to Office 2008, currently up to version 12.2.4. Just hit the update button in Help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
And if using Office 2008, go into Preferences and save Word documents as .doc, and not the default .docx otherwise your Windows friends will have problems with your Word attachments
Only if they're still using Office 2003 (or something even older than that.)

And even then they could use the free importer that is available for download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Most PC users are unaware of the converter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.