Macbook pro screen white

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Macbook pro 2007 model and after I woke it up after being in sleep for 4 hours the screen didn't work. It was not like it was completely black it was like white/blue with horizontal lines all over the screen. I can plug the laptop into my TV trough the DVI output and I'll get a perfect picture there.
Sometimes the screen shows the picture but is lagging and the white lines keeps coming up. And sometimes the screen starts working after 10 minutes but the screen kinda fades out and comes back or it it might flicker to white in i left corner all the time. And sometimes the picture starts jumping up and down the whole time.

And sometimes the screen stops working completely as soon as I disconnect it from the TV and sometimes it continue to work.

Any idea what is wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Definitely the display.

If you can plug in into your tv no problem, your laptop is still doing fine. Your display, however, seems to have meet its bitter end. You could take it to an apple store and get it replaced, but it is pretty expensive. You might be better off saving the money and just getting a new laptop. You could also buy an external monitor and turn it into a desktop.

OP
A
Reaction score
But that doesn't explain why the screen starts working when i connect to TV to the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Do you mean to laptop screen works fine once the computer is connected to the TV? Because that hardly makes any sense at all:Confused:

OP
A
Reaction score
I know it sound extremely weird but that's my experience so far. When the screen starts working and I disconnect it from the TV it stops working within 2 minutes.

It can't be a software error?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, I would think there is something really, really weird going on with your video card. I think you should take this one to apple, it makes next to zero sense

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well done, I believe you just solved your own problem! Although it is strange that the same thing happened twice. You would think NVIDIA would have fixed the problem by now. You should act immediately though, because your three years are almost up.

OP
A
Reaction score
Going to call Apple first thing on monday. Didn't think it was the same thing since last the the screen got black right away and now it's these weird colors and things. Hopefully it is the same so I don't have to pay for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good, I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.