MBP Wireless/Internet Problem

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've posted before about this problem and received setup advice which I've followed but it hasn't fixed the problem, just made it happen 90% of the time instead of 99% of the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for the help I've received, I'm just looking to take the next step.

I want to know how I 'start again' with network/internet setup for my MBP.

I have a 15" MBP on Snow Leopard, connecting through an Airport Extreme to a Belkin ADSL2 modem. The Belkin is providing DNS services and the Airport is set not to.

My wife's 13" MB connects to the internet every time, immediately, and has no problems whatsoever.

My MBP connects to the modem (I.e. the wireless works) but (90% of the time) not the Internet. To get internet connection I either turn the modem off and on or, usually, log into the modem from my MBP and tell it to disconnect and then reconnect, which takes from 30 secs to 2 minutes.

So I am thinking I want to wipe all network settings from the MBP and start again from scratch.

How do I do that please?

Ken.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.